Double Chocolate Cake in a Cup
0.43 oz 72% dark chocolate (0.43 oz is equivalent to one square of a Trader Joe’s pound plus bar. If you don’t have a TJ’s, half an ounce of dark baking chocolate will also work. Your cake will just be even more chocolatey. The horror.)
2 tbsp coconut cream (I get mine at Trader Joe’s)
1 tbsp butter
drop vanilla extract
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tbsp coconut flour (I used Let’s Do…Organic coconut flour)
For coconut chocolate ganache:
1 tbsp coconut cream
0.43 oz 72% dark chocolate
1. In a mug that holds at least 8 oz., melt together butter and chocolate using the microwave. I found that microwaving on high for 1 minute and then stirring to finish melting the chocolate worked best.
2. Stir coconut cream into mixture.
3. Add egg and beat with a fork for ~1 minute.
4. Add coconut flour, stir to combine.
5. Add cocoa powder, stir until until mixture is smooth and free of lumps.
6. Microwave on high for 45 seconds to 1 minute. It is better to under than to overcook, so if in doubt, stop.
7. If making ganache, melt chocolate (I found 1 minute at 50% power in the microwave to work best), then stir in coconut cream until mixture is thoroughly combined. Slide the cake out of the cup and frost it. Or, leave the cake in the mug and add an extra teaspoon of coconut cream to the ganache. Poke holes in the cake and pour ganache over the top.
However you choose to finish it off, I found the cake is best if enjoyed with a cold glass of almond milk