Peach and Blackberry Tart
1 3/4 c. raw almonds
1/4 c. coconut cream
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
pinch of salt
5 medium peaches
6 oz. blackberries
1. Prepare filling: Slice peaches and place in a saucepan over low-medium heat and cook uncovered for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Peaches should be releasing juice and softening. Add the blackberries and continue to cook for 2 more minutes. Remove from heat.
2. Start oven preheating to 350F and grease a 9″ tart pan (I use one similar to this model from Wilton).
3. In a food processor, pulse the almonds for ~30 seconds, until they reach the consistency of a very coarse meal. Add the coconut cream and vanilla extract, mix in processor until well combined. The dough should be sticky but not wet.
4. Press the dough into the tart pan, beginning at the center and working up the sides. Bake the crust, unfilled, for 20 minutes.
Tip: Place the tart pan on a baking sheet to prevent any spills from messing up the bottom of your oven.
5. Using a slotted spoon so that juices drain back into the saucepan, spoon filling into crust. You can take the time to arrange the peaches nicely, but the tart will taste just as nice if you’re feeling impatient and want to just throw them in.
6. Bake for 15 minutes. While the tart is baking, reduce the reserved fruit juices: place back on low-medium heat and allow to cook, uncovered, until liquid has reached a thick, syrupy consistency. Remove from heat.
7. Remove tart from oven and spoon the fruit juice reduction over the top. Allow to cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.